Gaozhou Social Welfare Institute



As we wait impatiently for our travel authorization, I thought I’d share a little about Leah’s orphanage with you. The first picture is the Gaozhou Social Welfare Institute where Leah’s currently living. The building is only a couple years old. From what I understand, the left side of the building is being rented to a private school and the top floor of the right side is where the children who attend this school live. The children living in the orphanage do not attend school here. The bottom right floor is the orphanage offices and babies are located on the floors in between (right side). The second picture is of one of the babies rooms. There are four baby rooms with 30 - 35 babies in each room. It sounds like there are only one or two nannies per room. The third picture was taken in February of this year by another couple that was able to visit the orphanage. The picture was taken of six nannies who were caring for the children at the orphanges in Feb 06. Chances are that at least one if not all of these ladies may have held and cared for Leah. It gives me chills thinking about it!

1 Comments:
Leah,
I know that those ladies are taking wonderful care of you. We are impatiently waiting for the moment that you are placed in your Mom and Daddy's arms forever.
Love,
Aunt Sandy
Post a Comment
<< Home